5 Inspirational Quotes by Gautama Buddha to Reset Your Thinking
Buddhism originates from one man's journey to enlightenment, Siddhartha Gautama. Whilst seated under a bodhi tree one day, Buddha reached a deep level of meditation, where he reflected on his life experiences and began his spiritual journey. Once Buddha became enlightened, he spent his life teaching others how to achieve inner peace and reach their own enlightened state. Here are 5 quotes from the Buddha that everybody can take something away from:
1. Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha
2. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Buddha
3. We are what we think. All that we are, arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - Buddha
4. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete. - Buddha
5. Do not learn how to react, learn how to respond. - Buddha
These are our favourite Buddha quotes, comment below with yours!